Over sensitive teeth! :(

for the last two-three weeks.. my teeth have be en overly sensitive to the cold.. they hurt.. but i went to the dentist and he said nothing wrong! :( what could it be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2012 in Health

• All your teeth, or the top molars?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• no just my front 4 top teeth
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• How are you feeling otherwise? I have sensitive teeth, but that's normal for me. Because you have been in pain for only a short amount of time, if it's a persistent aching in your teeth, I would guess it's sinus problems. I have had times when my teeth got horribly sensitive and I went in fully expecting a crack or something, but found out that the roots of my teeth run very close to my sinuses. If there is swelling in my sinuses, it sometimes affects my teeth and makes them incredibly painful. It doesn't last that long, only a few weeks until my sinuses clear up.
    If it's pain that's brought on by heat, cold, or sweets, then it can be treated with fluoride. MI Paste is awesome for this. If I have a tooth that is killing me, I will put some of that on the tooth when I go to bed and the pain is nearly gone by morning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• i have sinusitis! so maybe thats it..

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• See if the pain eases up when you take sinus meds. If the pain backs off a bit, then that's probably the cause.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Have you been whitening?
    Did you injure them?

Crest Pro Heath is an excellent toothpaste. It helps with sensitivity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2012

• no i have not been whitening and i have not injured they they hurt but not like omg i can't handle the pain its mostly when i bite down.. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2012