Quantity or Quality?

Would you rather sell something based on quantity or quality? Say you sold these Cupcakes that were so amazing that you are getting thousands of orders every week. It comes to the point where you just can't bake them yourself anymore, so you hire more people to do it for you. They don't make it as good as you made it, but they're making you all kinds of money. Is it better to make it yourself with good quality or mass produce it with a lesser quality, but you made more money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2012 in

• Having good quality is what is important to me.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• If I need help mass producing my product. I would make sure the quality was up to my standards. Why mass produce if it is going to taste like shit.

Answer by louise2 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• When it comes to making money. Quantity.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Very good question louise. Unfortunately, things that started out in good quality ended up being mass produced and now taste like crap.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Here's the thing, though. If you start mass producing, and it's of lesser quality, then they're not making you tons of money. People bought because they were high quality, and if the quality falls, then they won't buy anymore. I'm with louise, I'd be making sure that the quality was up to standard or I wouldn't mass produce.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Yes but if it's mass produced, it's cheaper, and people who wanted it before but couldn't afford it, would settle for cheap crap.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• If I am in a business and in it to make money then a little less on the quality, because after all no one can possibly make them as good as I can, would make sense.

If I am making these for my pleasure and pride and the money makes no difference the make them yourself and do not tryust anyone else to help you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• As a consumer I would rather spend 20 bucks on something of great quality than to spend even 2 dollars on something shoddy.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Quality over quantity any day.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Quality... I think you outgrow the need for cheaper, less quality items as you get older and realize what a quality product is worth to you..
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2012