baby weight prediction with ultrasound?

Two weeks ago I had an ultrasound and they said my baby weights around 7 lbs.
I heard that measuring baby through ultrasound is not accurated... what were your experience?

Paty_hotmommy

Asked by Paty_hotmommy at 3:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are profesionals. im pretty sure they know what they are talking about. and its a rough estemate of the babys weight, not pin pointed.
    Anonymous

• It's not really accurate. It helps them to know if the baby is about a normal size. But as far as being accurate, it rarely is.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my SIL was told her baby was gana weight over 10lbs and when she was born only weighed 6lbs 6oz and was very small and my aunt was told she was have a baby that was almost 7lbs and he was 9lbs 4oz so i dont think its right the only way to know for sure is when they are here!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i was once told my baby was 7 lbs by ultra sound..but when i had my baby he was almost 10 lbs
    Anonymous

• They aren't very accurate but could kind of give you an idea. I was told my daughter was going to be 8lbs 12oz but it could be 2lbs. She was 8lbs 3oz , then again I was already 40 weeks when they did the ultrasound.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 4:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Never accurate in both my pregnancies and same goes with friends. I will take it with a grain of salt.
    rachelncjsmom

Answer by rachelncjsmom at 4:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have always heard they can be off by as much as a full pound.
    kittensandpup

Answer by kittensandpup at 4:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• when i was 23 weeks or so they told me my baby weighs 15 oz i take it as an estimation and it made me feel good that the baby is and still was growing
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i went into preterm labor with my baby so many times that they decided to do an ultrasound to predict how big he was to see if they was gonig to let me have him or stop my labor again. they told me he was only three pounds and i needed to wait at least 2 weeks. well i went back into labor about 3 days later so they decided to deliver him. they had so much back up just in case he was only 3 pounds and needed extra care but when he came out he was almost 7 pounds
    Anonymous