Father in law ???

ok so this is kinda dumb but it is bothering me and I wanted to get your opinions my husbands biological father which we rarely see even though he only lives 15 mins away never calls or anything except around Christmas time when he wants to get presents for my youngest step son he's 12 now and even though my husband has 4 other kids this is the only one father in law cares about his wife has never liked me at our wedding she told my husband he should wait and see what her daughter was doing ! yea crazy right ! and I know my kids don't really know their grandfather step son does and my kids don't seem to care they don't know this man from any other but it drives me up the wall that this man has the audacity to come to our house and not care anything about his grand kids except the one ! should I say anything should I just forget it ? there is alot more to it really his wife being the biggest part of it but it really isn't fair should this bother me ? do I even make since ? I'm not sure how to say it here without writing ya'll a book lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2012 in General Parenting

• Franky no. Maybe take a moment and slow down abit.
    It is a bit disjointed, so maybe you could make it a little cleareer.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• To me, I find it incredibly insensitive and mean to only look after one kid when there are others. Not only is it rude, it shows obvious disinterest and kids pick up on this stuff. I'd tell him NOT to buy the one kid anything if he's not including all of them for the above reasons. Tell him thanks for asking but no thanks. If you have to talk to that bitch of a MIL then do it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Your post would be a lot easier to read if you used punctuation.

So, what I am getting is that FIL only associated with the one child, not the others. I am guessing that he pays attention to the step son but not YOUR biological kids. FIL's wife disrespects you and even did so at your wedding. FIL only wants to bring a gift to your step son. Where is your husband in all of this? If he won't stand up for the other kids then I suppose it's up to you.  Honestly, if the other kids don't care I would just let it go.  If the other kids are hurt then you can tell him to keep the gift unless he can treat ALL of the kids the same.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2012