Would it be weird to wear my wedding ring on my right hand now that we aren't together?

It's a beautiful set and I hate to just hide it away. Although, I wonder if it is odd to keep wearing it. I sold my last wedding ring. I still have my promise ring somewhere.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2012 in Relationships

• Why don't you have it made into a necklace or something? And, to answer your question: yes, it's weird to still wear it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Yeah, I think that is weird.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I put mine away, not sure what I will do with it but I would not want to start wearing it on another hand.
    And most people I know who are divorced no longer wear their wedding rings. Either they sell it, throw it away or put it away.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• **the other hand**
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Unless it does not look like a weeding ring and it can pass as a normal ring. I say it would be weird. Sell it and buy a different ring.

Answer by louise2 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• See? I thought it was fine. I like diamonds. I would wear mine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I don't think it's weird at all - as you're no longer together it has simply become a piece of jewelry. Wear it if you like it!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• It might look strange unless you can pass it off as a cocktail ring? I agree about turning it into another piece of jewelry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Yes. I do know people that have taken the stone(s) and had it(them) reset in another less wedding-looking ring.

Answer by missanc at 5:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• A lot of my gay friends wear their wedding rings on the right. If your looking for another partner in life that might not be good. People will think you're gay, AND attached. :D
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2012