How do I get blood out of a seat belt?

My daughter got a bloody nose on the way home from the store today, and of course I didn't have any kleenex or anything. So now, her seat belt is covered. What's the best way to clean it? This is the seat belt attached to the vehicle.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2012 in Kids' Health

• peroxide and an old toothbrush
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Peroxide works great.. but will be tricky on a seat belt.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Maybe vinegar & a scrub brush?

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• soak it some peroxide... let it fizz and repeat. Keep doing that a few times, then clean it with a scrub brush & some detergent. The peroxide will break up the enzymes, also a great pretreater for blood on clothing. I've used it many times to get blood out of cloths from work.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• peroxide, a nurses best friend
    Anonymous

• Get a bucket & fill it with hot water & dish Soap. Get some rags & take a damp rag, wrap it around the seat belt & scrub up & down & keep rinsing the rag. Best to do it before the blood dries.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I went thru that about a year ago when my son accidentally put his hand thru a window. He soaked thru the towel on our 10 min drive to the hosp.! So yes, peroxide does work but it takes some doing b/c of all the groves in the seat-belt. Happy scrubbing! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Blue dawn?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• You can remove a seatbelt. Just lift the seat up, see where it's attached, and then get the right tool to remove it. I did in our sons Jeep, and put them in the sink with laundry soap, let them soak, rinsed them, hung them to dry, and put them back in.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• One good trick for getting any spot out is to put a clean cloth behind it to give the spot somewhere to go. As you scrub push it into that cloth and you will make faster work of it. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2012