what are some signs of lactose intolerance?? My 5 m/o seems really fussy, and spits up a ton after reg. formula....we're trying soy, and he seems to be doing better

oregonduck

Asked by oregonduck at 4:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My twins had that problem when they were little, and it was acid reflux. You may want to talk to your pediatrician about trying reflux medication. You can also try keeping your baby upright for 20-30 minutes after each feeding and see if that helps at all.
    mem33

Answer by mem33 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Sounds exactly like my daughter until we switched her to soy. She's doin so much better now. Watch out for occasional constipation though.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 4:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Also, with the puking, try not burping him until he's ready. I was trying to burp my daughter after every ounce and she would scream and cry and it was actually causing her to puke more. So, now I wait until she pulls away from the bottle and then I burp her. It ends up being like maybe once during and always at the end. She rarely spits up now.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 4:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My son is six months old, the doctor told me it was acid reflux, to put cereal in his bottle (a tsp. for every ounce) it was supposed to be heavier on his stomach, that didn't work, so i decided on my own to switch him to soy. he's been on it for 2 1/2 weeks. NO MORE PUKING!!! YAY! like the first person said just watch out for constipation! Keep Karo on hand!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My son had this and acid reflex. The soy formula did not work for him, so he is on alimentum and does really well with it. It's expensive though and he likes the ready to feed a lot more than the powder....he has expensive taste...lol
    DJMsmom

Answer by DJMsmom at 9:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009