The baby is right there?

So I went to the doc today and I already knew my little girl had dropped because for the last week I have been barely able to walk. Doc says i'm 1cm and 60% and the baby is right there. What on earth does that mean? Does it mean labor is coming soon or when it comes it will come fast? I'm so lost!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why didnt you ask the doctor while you were there?
    Anonymous

• It was the NP and she doesn't listen to me or answer my questions anyways. I get to see my real doctor next week. BTW I am almost 39 weeks.
    Anonymous

• it means the doc didn't have to "dig" very far to find her. Her head was in his way more than likely.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Okay....serious answers please
    Anonymous

• It doesn't really mean anything, just that the baby is low. They told me that too, but I still didn't have her for a while. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• 60 percent is for the efacing. once your up to 100 u start to contract and you begin to dialate more. u can be efaced for a while. this doesn't mean that u could go at any minute. it just means that u are getting closer.
    Nicole_momtobe

Answer by Nicole_momtobe at 4:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeah, 1 cm. is how much your cervix has opened (1cm out of 10) and 60% effaced means the cervix is 60% thinned out (out of 100%). the baby's head is right on the cervix. idk when you will go into labor.... you're not very much open yet
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Labor can happen in the blink of an eye but it can also take forever. You could be close but you could still be weeks away. But good luck. People are so freaking rude on here.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 2:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• When I got checked to see if I was dialated at the doctor the doctor also said that the baby was right there. He said I could go into labor anytime bc I was also effaced 75%. I actually went into labor the same night
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009