Is any member of your family on medicaid?

If so, did you know that in 38 states they will pay the ENTIRE premium for your family to be enrolled in an employer sponsored health plan?

My oldest gets non income based medicaid because he's "disabled" So medicaid pays the premium for my entire family through my husband's employer because essentially I'm "saving" them money by having another primary insurance for my son (medicaid only has to cover copays and such instead of the full amount, because that's covered by our primary insurance).

When I found out about the program, I thought they would simply reimburse me for 1/7 of the premium to pay for my son's portion. Little did I know they would reimburse us monthly for the entire amount. It is a little bit of a pain, having to fax them the paycheck every month but it's more than worth it.

This is NOT income based. We don't qualify for any assistance based on our income.

If you want the info, I have the web site for all 38 states that have the same program, pm me.

Asked by missanc at 9:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2012 in Money & Work

• I do not think so but I would like the info just incase
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I'd rather not type out 38 states unless someone needs it, if you will let me know here or pm me which state I will type out the website for that state. Although you might be able to find the website doing a google search, depending on the state some of the websites are a lot more complicated than others.

Comment by missanc (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• Is Medicaid the welfare or senior one?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• That's cool, my DD gets disability Medicaid & I'd never heard of that! Is Virginia one of the states?
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Stacia - people that are low income qualify for Medicaid, but so do those that are disabled regardless of income (my son can't ever have assets in his name of more than 2k unless its in a special needs trust). It's a Medicaid waiver program, each state has one

Comment by missanc (original poster) at 3:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• No, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that CA is not one of those states.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2012