How do you get rid of the dreaded pacifier?

My daughter is 2 and a half years old, and ever since she was born, she has always slept with a pacifier. Now, I'm trying to break her from it....and it's not working too well.

Blondemommy0729

Asked by Blondemommy0729 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hate to sound mean, but throw it out. Give her a safe toy to sleep with. She will cry a day or two then forget about it.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would just take it away.

If you don't think that will work you could cut the tip of the nipple off.
    Anonymous

• Either take it away and replace it with a stuffed animal or let her keep using it until she is ready to give it up.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 4:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have the perfect solution to your problem. Take the pacifier and cut the tip off of it and give it to her. When you do that you take away the sucking sensation and after a couple of times they just put it down. My friend told me about this I thought it was crazy tried it and it worked wonderfully. Two days later no pacifier!! Do not replace it with anything. Cause later you will just have to break that habbit also.
    Nicole_momtobe

Answer by Nicole_momtobe at 4:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We just took it away. The oldest was 13 months. It took a couple of days..but on the third day he went right to sleep.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009