Birth control

I'm 27 and never been on any type of birth control because I've been scared of all the risks.. ie., death , blood clots, ache and weight gain. Pull out method and condoms have been great so far. Together me and my beau have 4 kids. I have only one so I don't mind if we get pregnant but he's pretty adamant that he doesnt want any anytime soon.

So to ease his mind I'm considering birth control. He's gone from lots of sex to limited sex because he's just that scared. He wants to get a vesectomy but I'm against it because we do want kids sometime in the future.

If I get my period next month.. I'm going to start it then.

Anyway... I'm so scared! Don't know which ones are safer.

Please share you're experiences with birth controls.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2012 in Relationships

• I was on the pill for well over 20 years and never had the slightest problem with it. Just remember that millions of women the world over take the pill with few or no side effects. A vasectomy is a bit extreme - although it can be reversed the reversal doesn't always work ...

Here's a link to an interactive tool that can help you choose the contraceptive method that is best for you:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/all-access/my-method-26542.htm

Hope this helps!

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• You can also check into Natural Family Planning; read "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• A vasectomy is less evasive and costs less than getting tubes tied and can be reversed easily. Nuva ring worked best for me. I couldnt deal with the side effects from the pills and forgetting them. My husband and I use condoms because I dont want to deal with all the hormonal changes
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Just stick to condoms or start taking the pill. I was on the pill for 10 years & had no major issues.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2012

• I couldn't take birth control pills because they triggered my migraines, but millions of women take the pills safely.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Use condoms and a spermacide.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My favorite was Nuvaring, but I took the pill for years with no side effects. I now have my tubes tied.

Answer by missanc at 3:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I take birth control bills, the generic version of Loestrin and they have worked perfectly for me. I have also heard of the natural family planning where it takes your temp each morning- heard it works well.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 10:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I took bc for years. I was on Loestrin. I tried anoth brand, but it was to strong and had me bleeding for nearly two weeks. Once I switched, the only problem I had was remembering to take them. Now, I have my tubes tied (well, cut, burnt, tied and clamped). So, no more worries.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Condoms and a diaphragm work just fine
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2012