My 19-year-old daughter would you do this?

Would you let your 19-year-old daughter stay in an airport overnight by herself?
Due to weather conditions my daughter's flight home from college was canceled.
I drove five hours one way to go pick her up a coworker seemed upset about. Although I did go to work the next day. She was intended to land an hour and a half away from her home at 3 o'clock but because of all the delays we ended up leaving at 6 PM & her plane landed at 11:40 PM.We return home until 515 the next that morning.
Do you think this was unreasonable would you have gone to get your daughter?

This was her first time in an airport and on an airplane if that matters...

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• Hell yes I would have picked her up!
    Screw the co worker!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I would have been alright with it but why do you care what a co worker might be upset over, its your kid.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I would have been alright with it either way but I agree with luv. You made it to work and did your job. It is none of he business.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Hell yeah, I would have gone to get her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Having stayed in an airport five hours and more due to flight delays, I probably would not have made the drive. Especially if weather was involved; the risk of an accident on the road would be a bigger concern to me.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I probably would have went and got here too. If she were with a friend or two, probably not, but I'm sure she was alone and really did not want to spend the night in a airport...and you got 5 hours of "bonding" on the drive home that you wouldn't have otherwise. This helps her to know that, no matter the age, you will always be there for her. Good job, mama!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I would have told the co worker to mind her/his business and then I would go pick up my child.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• It would depend on how freaked out she was by the situation. At 19 years old you can find yourself in Afghanistan, with no mommy or daddy to be found. But her first flight, possibly a touchy landing or something, then yeah, she might want to be picked up. Everyone is different.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I would let her stay overnight at an airport.  However I see nothing wrong with going to pick her up if that's what you wanted to do.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I would have picked her up too

Answer by older at 8:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2012