I'm worried ALL the TIME about my 3 month old! Sometimes I feel sick to my stomch worrying about him with things like, "Will he reach all of hi milestones? Am I doing enough to help him reach them? Is he eating enough? What if there is something wrong with him that I am not catching?" I lay awake at night thinking about it and feeling sick. Is this normal and is there anything I can do so that I can relax more?

Henofthewood

Asked by Henofthewood at 4:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All you have to do is love him.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Welcome to mother hood.  We can worry about everything if we let ourselves, but if we give into the worry we miss out on the fun of raising our children.  He just needes your love, trust that you will provide whatever help he will need growing up. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Most of the things babies need to do are thing he/she will learn on his/her own. Like crawling, walking, standing.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• They reach their milestones when they are good & ready to. You just have to assist them a little. They finish eating when they are full & I don't know of a baby that didn't let you know when they are hungry (Very Loudly)! EVERY baby is very different so don't compare yours with someone elses. Chances are if another Mother is bragging she's full of Crap! When you bring the baby to the many Pediatric visits ask the Pediatrician their opinion of how the baby looks & is doing. They see 100's of babies a day so they are a very good judge. Your job is to get enough sleep so you can take care of that little miracle! Someone once told me when I was having my first baby "don't worry, the baby teaches YOU what they need!" It's a fact! Relax & enjoy every minute since it passes so fast. If you are feeling abnormal anxiety yourself speak to your OBGYN & maybe you can get something to relax your nerves. Every Mom feels this way, CONT:
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• CONT: you just have to take a deep breath & carry on. Everything will come in time & naturally. The more relaxed you are the more calm the baby will be too! Best wishes
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• It sounds like you could use a little mmj if you are loosing sleep and are making yourself sick with worry over baby stresses. Good luck gaining control over your worry
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• i was like that too and still am to some degree. My lo is getting ready to turn 4 months on the 27th and one day i just thought to my self, i will never really enjoy this if i worry all the time. so i just make sure she gets her tummy time, play time, down time and do what i feel is best for her and just go with it :) babies will reach each milestone at his or her own pace. and i am sure you're little guy will be just fine.
    newmom1978

Answer by newmom1978 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Worrying is normal, but I am not sure if to the extent it keeps you up at night.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• As I recall, you're breastfeeding. Count dipes. Six changes per day. If he's getting that you're doing all that you can. Because he has to reach the milestones on his own. You can't really do anything to help him do these things except keep his world conducive to reaching them on his own. (In other words, don't leave him ins a crib 24/7 by himself!)

Your extent of worry is NOT normal. Please talk to your doc about postpartum depression, because it manifests in several ways.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• The worry shouldn't be this severe so you might bring it up with your doctor. We all worry but shouldn't worry ourselves sick. That said, having kids is the bravest thing a person can do, I think. Babies are incredible things. They are very resilient and should reach most milestones but some happen at a different pace. Don't be this worried, it doesn't "do" anything to help you, does it?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2012