My son is 2 months going 3 months on the 24th and he got stuffy nose and runny nose can I give him Tylenol or something need help?

Sappergirl

Asked by Sappergirl at 6:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do not give anything to your 3 month old unless the doctor tells you to. tylenol will not help a runny nose.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Tylenol is for pain. I wouldn't give him anything, but ask your doctor. Is it very bad, or just a little sniffle?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• First call your Pediatrician & keep taking the babies temperature. Keep the babies head elevated when he sleeps. My baby had her first bad cold at 3 months. I had her sleep in a sitting position locked in her swing. I put it next to my bed so I could watch her. As long as you elevate their head, the sinuses will drain so they can breath better. Just don't prop the baby up on a pillow since he could roll over very easily. Under 6 months you have to get the Pediatricians approval for infant Tylenol & they will tell you the dosage.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Get a humidifier or lock baby in the bathroom with you and the hot water running and create a steam chamber. Any crap in babys nose will come out. Also a bulb seringe can suck that out
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Tylenol isn't for runny noses. A vaporizer in his bedroom might help.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• ALWAYS call your doc and ask this for one so young!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Tylenol won't help for a cold. You might try some Baby Vicks rub, a humidifier, or turn on a hot shower and sit with him in the bathroom. Unfortunately there's not really anything you can physically give them at that age.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Tylenol for a bad fever *maybe* but even then it's questionable.
    Instead of trying to cover up symptoms you can work to heal him.
    Breastfeed as often as possible and you can use milk for his nose, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• My baby has the same issue, she is 2 months old. dr said they areto small to give medicines for colds, etc ...... he told me to use saline solution nasal spray. I use a baby nasal spray from arm&hammer(which is like "little noses" spray. He said to do it every 3 hours. Spray each nose, use the bulb syringe and repeat until babies nose is clear....... He did a "show and tell" on my DD and it cleared her up instantly.
    Star88

Answer by Star88 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Tylenol wont help a cold, its for pain and fevers. A child that young i would not medicate for a cold, saline solution can help clear up the nose but thas about it
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2012