Decorating a stocking? What do I use? The rolled over white part is pretty fluffy?

This is the only picture I have of the stocking- my baby is in there.

SO bought these giant stockings and some glitter glue- said I could write the kids names on them. The stockings were 8 dollars- I don't want to ruin them. Would it be smarter to get felt letters and glue those on then maybe glitter glue over that instead? Or something else?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I think I would glitter the felt letters and then glue them on for the best results.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I agree with Dardenella. The other thing you do is give the area where the names will go a little haircut so the glue has a better chance of not breaking apart over time.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Yeah I don't want to ruin them.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2012

• And you have the cutest stocking stuffer ever in there!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I just wrote the kids names in Elmers Glue in script. Put the stocking on top of a paper plate first & used regular glitter. Then let dry. Pour the excess loose glitter back in the container.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2012