What kind of birth control are you on? adult content

Assuming you aren't trying to conceive.

If you are taking birth control and trying to conceive you may be doing it wrong and probably aren't pregnant!

<3

So what kind of birth control do you take and have you noticed any side effects?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Health

• Condoms. I suck at pills and don't want anything implanted in me.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Oh, no side effects lol.
    maecntpntz219

• I have condoms in my drawer- the side effects for those is listening to a 20 minute rant about a "bag on my dick"

Now I need the triangle symbol!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My husband had a vasectomy the day after our youngest son was born. Best thing he's ever done! I'm not supposed to take hormones anymore, and I had crappy side effects and problems with every type of birth control I tried in the past. It's nice to not have to deal with any of it anymore.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Generic seasonal. No side effects other than I only have to deal with periods 4 times a year! Wahoo! It did take about 6 months to really get the cycle down to quarterly.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• LMAO!!!! That's hilarious. My husband bitches about them occasionally too but until there is a pill or scrotum implant for men, this is what it is and seeing as how I can wait much much much longer than he, he doesn't put up too much of a fight haha.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Bag on my dick....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Best anti-condom line I have ever heard.

Anyway... I have the Mirena. It is almost time to get rid of it. I would not recommend getting one. I haven't had any severe symptoms, but my niece had one perforate her uterus, which can be very bad. I did gain 35 lbs a year after I had it. Had terrible mood swings for the first year. And bled for the first four months straight.

We will go back to the bag on his dick when this comes out. We used condoms for 13 years and only got pregnant the two weeks we said, whatever happens, happens.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• How much is a vasectomy?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Some insurance companies will cover it. Ours didn't, so we had to pay 100% out of pocket. It was about $1500. Worth every single penny.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Oh and my husband said it was a piece of cake.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2012