Did your cable company drop the Fox network?!

Ours did. They are in some type of dispute over fees. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black! Cable raises their rates whenever they feel like it, but are refusing to pay an increased rate ask for by Fox. Whatever, but they better just freakin' figure out a way to work it out since this is the 2nd Sunday WITHOUT the NFL on Fox!! Not to mention other shows we like on Fox. Ugh!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Entertainment

• If they did that I'd drop that cable company the same day!! That's bullshit!! We just dropped verizon and went back to comcast b/c they offered a better deal. I bet once they mess with the rates we'll go back to verizon in a few years. It's just a big game to them... hate it!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I don't think so. I was flipping through and saw Redeye was on. Watched a few minutes. I really like Fox Business. Not sure about local fox channels as I don't watch much of the local stuff.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Weird- they can't do that! Fox is one of the basic channels you should be able to get by pluggin the tv into the wall... I guess they done away with that though.

Grammar ftw.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Nope we still have it. We're with Comcast.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• No,TWC

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• According to my dad (and it does make sense if you think about it) - the dispute happens because if they agree to pay the increased rate, they will pass that increase on to you. They don't want to pass the increase on to you, so they try to negotiate and not have to pay the increased rate.

I do agree that it's annoying, but it does make some kind of sense. What doesn't make sense to me is when our cable company was disputing with our local NBC affiliate (in Orlando), they replaced it with a different one - in Pittsburgh. Wth? How does Pittsburgh, PA news and weather help me in FL? lol

And nope, we still have our FOX. Not that we ever watch it. We watch one thing on that channel, Raising Hope. That's it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• The news here was about CBS, not FOX. Apparently Dish Network people lost it, or they waited until it was right down to the wire to save it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Not that I know of. But we do not have cable, we have Directv.

Answer by louise2 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• No
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2012