Where Do I Submit/Sell an AMAZING Web Site Idea?

Okay, so the other day I was laying on my couch and about to doze off when I came up with the most AMAZING website. I'm not telling you what it is, that's how awesome it is.

I have no idea how I would even BEGIN to make a website. I'm not talking a web page that you'd set up on Yahoo or whatever, I'm talking a whole website like Cafemom (It's not a social networking site though).

So I thought perhaps I could sell the idea, or maybe help develop it or something, but I have absolutely NO clue how to go about doing that.

If anyone has any helpful info, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm really excited about this idea.

Thanks!

sweetheart1985

Asked by sweetheart1985 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• My hubby and I do a bit of web work... I'm not the greatest, still learning but maybe I could help you get it online.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 4:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• didn't think to add.... my stuff is at gray2green.com

sabrina.chellini.net

isaac.chellini.net and

liam.chellini.net

his current project is debimage.com

SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 4:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Creating a website isn't as hard as you think it may be!

First of all, you can download a web-site maker like Eversoft First Page - it will help you create the site itself. To get it online when you're finished, go to a hosting site like godaddy.com.

As for selling the idea, not sure. Try googling around? Sorry.
    Anonymous

• The best thing I can think of is to hire a website designer to create your website?

I have wondered the same thing too......only I don't have a great idea, lol
    Anonymous

• That's a good idea Anon 5:29 :)

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 5:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You could try, but in a lot of cases people prefer to buy the business once it's already launched. I would have a web development company give you an estimate. Don't give them the idea, just what will be needed to make the website complete so that you can get a estimate. If the price is too high, you can then maybe ask friends and family or people to invest with you and have a stake in your company, or be partners.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2009