A few weeks back, I wrote a question regarding my son's school nurse trying to get us to sign a medical release form

Apparently this woman had a bug up her ass regarding my son.
My son's autism aide said that nurse was constantly asking questions of her,and the aide went to bat for me and told her to back off,that we were doing everything possible for him,that there was no reason for her to question us
The nurse pulled her request for that form

I get it. Sometimes kids are being neglected or abused and need someone to look out for them,but in this case,she was dead wrong

Why she thought she knew better than a Pediatrician,a Hemotologist,and a Gastroenterologist is beyond me.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Kids' Health

• After reading that, I would kindly tell her to take a flying leap. There is no need for her to butt her nose into things and essentially adding one more cook to the kitchen. She is not a medical professional treating your child. You have given them what you got from those that ARE treating him and that's all they need.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I must have missed the question. Or just don't remember. That's sort of like me. I will go look in history.

That said, I would have thought that notes from all of those physicians would suffice.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I'm glad your son's aide was in your corner. Sometimes I think school professionals get on a power trip and are offended when they come up against someone who won't just do as they say.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Was she aware of all your efforts? I think the nurse is odd. But I'm not the biggest fan of school nurses.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Without out more background information there is no way to know.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Yes,she was aware
    I spoke to her on the phone for a half hour and told her all we've been through,and what was upcoming as far as tests and such

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2012