Daughter has a maze made with blocks, she has been very upset with thought of putting these away. (been a week).

the blocks are in front of fireplace, not in the way, but i want them away. I "used" santa...said "we do not want santa to trip and fall".. she made a path for him.
i plan on "using" santa again
christmas morning blocks will be away and a note from santa saying... " you need to pick up your toys, i almost tripped over them"

question
will this tramatize my 5 yr old?

* and for all moms who want to tell me to be more strict and make her pick them up or throw away- etc
daughter has autism, and you have to pick your battles (just like with any child), she is way into this maze of blocks and it is not in my way, so i have not made it a battle

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 2:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm
    I'd try to make it seem like HER idea
    We had this issue with my son and his "area
    It was amazing. He could redo the 30 odd things he set up exactly the same if anything was moved,
    Are you more afraid of it being bumped and her getting upset that the pattern was screwed up?
    I'd recommend that Santa not move them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Autism is a free ticket to not learning how to mind?

Sometimes, when you have no clue what you're talking about, it's best to say nothing at all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• OK, louise obviously missed the part about Autism.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• No I never had a autistic child. I beleive in treating all kids the same.

So you'd punish a blind kid for not learning his colors?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Now we know why someone's kids won't let them see their grandkids.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• "No I never had a autistic child"

Clearly.

You make it appear to those of reading that autism is a discipline problem. A little research on your part would go a long way.

Pax, I'm just not sure. Even a child without autism might be "scared" by the idea of Santa fussing at them. I think only you know how this may play out with your daughter.

I have NO experience with autistic children so I can only say that I think you're so in tune with your child that you will make the best decision.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Or maybe you could leave a note that said that Santa thought the maze was really cool, but he put it away so she would have lots more room to enjoy the things he brought her.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• What if you helped her take a picture of the blocks so she could build it again and then went with your plan of asking her to move them so santa can get in.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I agree... Santa is a VERY fat man and he will be too occupied with thinking about her presents to look for toys on the floor. It would be terrible for him to trip on the toys and get hurt so he couldn't deliver toys to all of the other kids too. How sad would all of those other kids be?

Big hugs Momma!

And dont listen to Louise... she has no clue.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• How would she do if you came up with something else to do with the blocks - something built in her room, but a game of it, where she's the one physically taking the maze apart and moving them to her room? Thinking something you can do now and tomorrow, since she's going to hit overload anyway on Tuesday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2012