I have found evidence of snooping.

I had some gifts hidden in the closet upstairs in the guest room. Nobody ever goes in there. I went to gather them to wrap and found that the closet door was open. Nobody but me goes in there so it's obvious that the kids have been snooping around. DS just ruined one of his big gifts. I had kites hidden in there to give to both kids, but I won't bother now. I will just hold onto them until spring or something. DH has them right now to do a little shopping and to get out of my hair so I can finish wrapping. I called him to give him the heads up that they have been snooping and stuff, and that he has the opportunity to mess with them.

Have you caught your kids snooping or found out after the fact and if so, what did you do?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 4:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Holidays

• daughter too young to snoop
    i have a huge cardboard box on the landing going upstairs
    the tape is off, she could open at any time
    she does not

maybe next year she will be a snooper
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Awwwwwww!!
    No snooping here. dd is too young to know theres gifts in my closet
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• told them I'd be taking stuff back-since they found it...then give it to them anyway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• *luckily-it was never Santa gifts they found!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I never have, but that's because I've always done to my kids what my parents did to me: told them about my Uncle Scott. He found his presents one year, and my grandmother found out because he did a crappy job of trying to rewrap them. So come Christmas morning, my dad, my aunt, and my other 2 uncles come out to find all their presents, and my Uncle Scott's got nothing. He got all upset, wanting to know where his gifts were, and my grandma told him Santa took them all back.

He got his gifts later that day, but they were all unwrapped. They were just handed to him. He never snooped again. Nor did his siblings, and his kids most of his nieces and nephews have learned from his tale of woe. And now his nieces and nephews kids, and his grandkids, are also learning from it. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Mykids knew that snooping means the gift is lost. They had to take it to Toys for tots if there was time and ifnot it went back to the store.
    I had relatively few snooping incidents.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I hide mine at my moms house in her closet until couple days before because they ARE little nosy snoopers! ...and it pisses me off too! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My mom's rule, which is now my rule, any gift discovered via snooping goes directly to goodwill. Puts a major dent in the practice.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• i keep all the gifts in the garage. they never go in there and arent old enough to go looking for them. plus, i try to wrap them asap so i dont have to worry about snoopers (DH is the problem right now haha).

i remember when i was little we went shopping and my brother & i wanted our toys that we had bought out of the trunk. my mom said "dont go looking in the trunk. i will get them out for y'all later." well, we went and got them out ourselves and found a foosball/air hockey/ping pong table. stupidly, we took our toys out so my mom ended up knowing we saw it. it was taken back and we NEVER got one...i was 10 and even at 18 we still didnt have one haha. my mom was really angry and still is to this day b/c she wanted the gift too haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I keep the stuff in my room and let them know, so they can't "accidentally" find it. My policy is, if you want to spoil your Christmas, it's on you. My littlest my try snooping in future years, but the oldest wants no part of it!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2012