If your child is between the ages of 15-17 months old...

What are they getting for Christmas? Boy or girl? What traditions are you going to do with them? What's the weather like in your area?
I'm in Alabama it's chilly but no snow :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can I answer from memory? She got a play kitchen and a ride on toy. Girl. We opened presents. It was chilly.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• At that age they still don't really get it. Last year my daughter was 17 months. We gave her a Fisher Price tea set, a baby doll and stroller, a stuffed Minnie Mouse and a couple other little things. Between us, my parents and inlaws she was more than overwhelmed with the toys.
    We got a picture of her sitting next to Santas milk and cookies by the fireplace and I have a Twas the Night Becore Christmas lift a flap book we read before bed. Christmas morning we got up, opened Santa toys, then headed to my moms house. While there we had a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

Answer by missanc at 7:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My Daughter is 16 months. I got her a Disney Princess Grocery Cart with some play food containers. She loves to push things around & a Disney Barbi style doll "Belle" because it looks like her. I also got some stuffed animals. I am already loaded up with baby toys from my Son & since she really doesn't know what Christmas is, she'll have enough to keep her occupied. She's going to LOVE the cart! She's still too little to understand traditions but we put glitter in the fire place for my 6 year old so he thinks Santa came down the chimney & we leave the Fireplace door open. We put out cookies & milk too. We're in NY so it's supposed to be chilly & rainy/sleet on Christmas.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• At that age I would do a big wheel, disney movies, a few dolls.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My grandson is that age. We got him clothes. And these Little People playset things but they are knights and dragons. Theyre made for the little guys but I cant remember exactly what theyre called...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My daughter was that age this last Xmas. I put money in her piggy bank, because I knew my family would bombard her with gifts, and sh's not old enough to "get it".
    My hubby's family has the tradition of "cookies for breakfast x-mas morning, so we made cookies together a couple of days before x-mas. (by "together", I mean that I put all the ingredients together, gave her a ball of dough, and she rolled it in sugar and put it on the pan... She LOVED it).

Xmas morning, at the family gathering, she opened the rocking horse, and couldn't be bothered with any other presents. We hid the rocking horse and she still wasn't into it. Anytime someone handed her a present, she carried it to grandpa, and hurried back to the tree to get another present, and carry it to grandpa.
    1974newmom

Answer by 1974newmom at 4:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2013