So much for getting that flu shot.....my son has the flu

He got it in October.
Gee,that helped. SMH
Anyone else have a loved one with the flu?
I'm just waiting to get it now too. Wonderful....
Merry Christmas,lol

Next year,we're skipping the shot

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Just for Fun

• :( Some cases sneak in every year. I hope it's less horrid than it would have been if he hadn't had the shot. I'm sorry he's sick and right before Christmas too.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• The flu shots don't cover all strains.
    Hopefully, his flu won't be as bad as it would should he not have gotten the shot.

I hope he feels better soon. :(
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• The nurse was talking out of her ass! They can't possibly know how many strains they'll be!
    That would be cool to know that though. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Sorry. I hope he feels better soon, and maybe it will pass the rest of you by!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• LOL, WTH!

Are you sure? That's classic! Like you wouldn't know!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Aww. Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon. We don't get the flu shot. Lat year my Mom got the shot & 3 days later was bed ridden for a week. Ever since they put the strains of N1H1 and other N1 strains, I don't trust it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I had it Thursday night into Friday morning... fast & furious!! DH got it this morning.... DS just booted for the first time about 30 minutes ago... waiting for DD to get it now.... this is just friggen wonderful!! At least I got it first & got over it before anyone else got sick! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Hope he feels better soon and can enjoy Christmas.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• i get the flu shot for working in a school. but i have gotten a sore throat and small cough. without a flu shot i usually get a high fever and really bad cough so the severity is less and usually the cold does not last that long. In the long run it is worth it for me....
    jossstone1969

Answer by jossstone1969 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I have a friend who's a chiropractor and very into homeopathic stuff. He has a multitude of friends in the medical field - one of whom is in pharmaceuticals and said that this year's shot was made based on the 2 prevalent strains last year & 2009's leftover H1N1 vaccine. Now how true that is, who knows, but yeah, I just read that the other day.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2012