Does your doctor usually let u hve another u/s toward the end of ur pregnancy. Haven't see my baby since 23 weeks

Zoeybug

Asked by Zoeybug at 4:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure. I havent seen my baby since 18 weeks and i am due in 2 weeks. They check the heart rate when I go in but thats it. I know i could have had the 4D ultrasound but it cost extra money. They havent said anything to me about getting another ultrasound
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 4:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• not unless you are high risk and you absoluetly need one
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No, not usually, unless there's a need because you're in a risk category or something. There's just no need to keep doing ultrasounds just because you want to see the baby.
    Anonymous

• No, you don't get another one again, unless there's something that concerns your Doctor. You don't want one either, it's not good for the baby to have more then is needed.
    Anonymous

• i got an ultrasound done at least ever other week. to the end it was every week
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I got one every time after they found that i was gest. diabetic. That sucked lol, but you should. Just ask I did. It wont hurt nothing!
    Anonymous

• It's not your doctor that won't give you another U/S. It is probably your ins co that won't cover an U/S. You'd have to have something wrong to get another one.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• anon 4:36...who told you that. My baby came out fine!
    Anonymous

• My last ultra sound was at 22 weeks which frustrated me cause I wanted pictures!!! If you wanted an ultra sound just ask for one! You could always got to a fetal photo type place that will make a DVD for you and that is really cool
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i never had one after the 20 week mark if the pregnancy was normal. anon 5:06 there is some evidence that SUGGESTS that ultrasound exposure reduces the growth rate of the baby, but then again i put suggest in caps bc the study was not all that conclusive (too many variables imo). maybe that's what she was saying
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009