Blood Pressure

My blood pressure yesterday was 130/80 and today 135/76 is that in the normal range or high?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Pregnancy

• its ok
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/bp_chart.asp

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• 120/80 is totally normal. That range is not that much of a variance, but I am not sure about the numbers because you are pregnant. You need to talk to your Dr. about that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• How far along are you? If you are past 22 weeks, it could be a sign of preeclampsia. Be sure to talk to your doctor about it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• is it really high enough to be considered preeclampsia? my dr hasnt said anything bout it nor do i have protein in my urine or swelling
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• High blood pressure is one of the symptoms of pre-e. Keep a regular check on it, taking your bp readings at different times of the day and log the numbers for your doctor. You can pick up a home monitor for pretty cheap.

Your numbers aren't in the high risk zone, but do keep an eye on it. It could be stress, diet, or other issues. I was diagnosed with severe pre-e at 33 weeks, and my OB had not express any concern the week before. I had terrible swelling for 3 months beforehand, but that was it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• how high wass your blood pressure
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I wouldn't think it was anything to worry about. Normal is 120/80 and your b/p changes minute to minute. So the top number being in the thirties isn't something most docs normally worry about. ( At least from my experience) If it worries you talk to your OB about it. Better be safe than sorry. :)
    AdryF

Answer by AdryF at 1:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• how high wass your blood pressure
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My BP shot up to the 190s... can't remember the bottom number. I had to deliver via c-section that night because the meds were causing fetal distress. Very scary.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2012