Do you like or dislike when your young child keeps asking "is it Christmas yet?"?

My 4 year old has been asking me this every 30 minutes since Friday "mommy, is it Christmas yet?" and I keep telling her that Christmas is 2 days away. I know she's excited for Xmas and so am I, can't even wait to spend time with our families. Do your child do the same thing?

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does not bother me one way or another
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• LOL, I can see how that would get annoying. We drove 8 hrs each way to see family for Thanksgiving & I can't even tell you how many times I heard the dreaded "Are we there yet?".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• LOL no but I only have one child, it makes it easier - plus I let him help wrap peoples presents and reminded him how THEY had to wait too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I buy those calendars that you open a square each day it helps them understand how they have to wait. Plus they get a piece of chocolate as a bonus lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• It doesn't bother me. I love that they are so excited for it to be here. Hell... I am excited for it to get here too.

If it bothers you, you can make a little chart with all the different things you have to do before christmas morning. Go to bed tonight, wake up, brush teeth, eat breakfast....and so on. Have a picture of Christmas at the end of the list and help her cross off things until it comes. Then she has something that is a real tangible measure of time to look at.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• that's why we do an advent style count down calender... then they KNOW when it's Christmas!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• My kids are too old but I do get tired of the customers asking me, "Are you ready for Christmas?" LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I haven't lost it yet. Lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• I remember those days. I also remember asking my parents.... It's part of a great childhood. Enjoy!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• It doesn't bother me. My kids are old enough now to finally understand, so at least the questions are varied. Tonight's theme has been the time of arrival of Santa tomorrow night.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 24, 2012