Do you think that everyone that owns a gun

has a desire to kill someone?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 11:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• No. I plan on taking the concealed carry class soon. I want to own a gun, but my desire is to defend myself and what is mine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2012

• Of course not. I have one and I hope I am never in a position where I have to use it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Na but I damn sure hope they keep it under lock and key so their kids don't get at it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• No, my husband has guns but unless you threaten his family he is the most gentle person ever.

Answer by missanc at 12:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Here is my question and clearly I don't own a gun. But I'm not opposed. I have friends with guns and some who need them for their jobs. Everyone swears to God above that theirs is locked up. Fine. So why do so many kids get their hands on them? Also, if you have it in a gun safe and a perp is in your house, how do you get it out in time to shoot your intruder?

I am genuinely curious. And all of this makes me terrified to have my kids sleep over at some of these other houses where the parents swear their guns are safe. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• jeanclaudia, a lot of people don't keep them locked up. There's no law requiring it, even if you have kids in the house, and unfortunately there are a lot of people with no common sense. I keep mine in a fire safe that is bolted to the floor. It's a push button combo so I can open it in about 3 seconds. Before I had that safe, I had a smaller, spinning dial safe that wasn't bolted to the floor. It was just there so my computer's backup drive wouldn't die in a fire. I wouldn't get a gun until we had a safe that I knew was totally secure but also fast for us to get into.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

^^ I agree.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• "You might never know who's mentally ill.. "

Yes, because it's all about, now how did you word that earlier, oh yeah, that "ban on gun control"!

Yep, still priceless.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• No but, I do think that guns can easily end up in the wrong hands: stolen by criminals or found by children.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Of course not. The idea that everyone who owns a gun wants to kill someone is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. My boyfriend has a gun, locked up in the nightstand by the bed where he could get to it fast. He has no desire to kill aybody, but he has even less desire to see me or his kids harmed by an intruder in our own home. My ex had a gun also, not locked up because we had no kids in the house, but he was in a wheelchair and swore there was no way he would be an easy target.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2012