Would you be uncomfortable without a gun?

Are guns an important aspect of your life?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 12:45 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• No and no
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• The only thing that makes me uncomfortable are people who exploit the deaths of children and live vicariously through other people's tragedies in an effort to further their own personal political agenda. I only hope the ones who do are not so selfish as to let their paranoia and irresponsible behavior influence the children in their lives as well.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Like, do I have one on me at all times, like an accessory? No. Would I, if I felt the need? You better damn well betcha I would.

Why are you asking Rnurse? I worked as a Paramedic and saw all sorts of accidental shootings as well as purposeful. Did that change my opinion? Nope, just made me more aware of the safety that comes with plenty of education.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• It's my constitutional right to keep and bear arms... so yes... it's that important!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Yes but only a certain aspect. It is one of the smallest areas of my life but no less important because of it.

My rights , now that covers every aspect of my lif.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Uncomfortable without it? Not in the least. I go out on a daily basis without my .22 straped to my back. However, this time of year, I am a little uneasy about myself or my children going outside without it at night. We have alot of wild animals around where I live and if my choices are either taking my rifle out with me or my children being bitten, you better believe I will be taking that gun out. And, btw, I do have a small game liscense and I think hunting would be a bit difficult WITHOUT my rifle. I could use my dh's crossbow, but it woud be more time consuming and messy.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Of course not. The constitution IS an important aspect of my life though.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I have not owned a gun, and I do not plan to own one any time soon. I know how to use them, and I'm not afraid of them. I feel more uncomfortable WITH one than without.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• "Of course not. The constitution IS an important aspect of my life though."QuinnMae
    I agree.

And to answer you OP, in the city in which I have to live, you damned straight I would feel VERY uncomfortable not to mention a little afraid. Now if I lived 20 min away from police response, ya, I would feel a tad uncomfortable, but the shotgun in my house would help, but I wouldn't need to carry one on me like I have to here in my "home town."
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• No. I've never owned a gun. My husband has an unloaded BB gun buried on the top shelf of our closet and even that makes me nervous!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2012