Its the gun's fault!!!!! OMG after ALL this time, its the guns fault..

I saw this post and I just couldn't resist. This has to be one of the most idiotic statements I have seen in this chat-room, and mind I have seen plenty!
"" I've been seeing so many pictures on facebook stating Ronald Reagan would blame the shooter not the gun, which just isn't so. "OP
I really hope I am misunderstanding what you wrote here. Are you saying you blame the gun when someone dies or get murdered? Well holy shit, then why the AR-15 the one on trial when it shoots and murders a person? Or a Glock .40 cal or 9mm pistol? Or a AK-47? Or any other evil black gun.
Also it seems that the government folks want to ban assault weapons. You know, if you stop to think about it, anything that can assault a person can be defined as an "assault weapon." So, I think all of you know where I can carry this to....LOL But seriously, any gun or really any weapon if used correctly can be capable of mass murder. Including semi-automatics such as the Glock pistols, Smith & Wesson, Ruger pistols. All of which civilians and law enforcement use.
According to the FBI, mass murder is defined as four or more murders occurring during a particular event with no cooling-off period between the murders. Research published in USA Today stemming from FBI data, reveals that over a five year period ranging from 2006 to 2010, mass killings accounted for only a tiny fraction of homicides, less than 1% to be precise.
After every mass shooting anti-gun groups blame the availability of firearms and promote their standard list of gun laws whether relevant or not. But guns are just one tool of mass murder, not the most efficient tool, and NOT a motivation. Its not like someone suddenly realizes that they can legally buy a gun, and because of it decide to go to the mall and murder everyone they see. There have been mass murders done here in the US that were committed WITHOUT one shot fired. Thats right folks no gun was used!! By no coincidence all of the worst mass murders in US history have been non-gun.
And BTW, a lot of the anti-gun people do NOT I repeat do NOT understand my fear of of being without my guns. Its my fear of if the federal govt manages to restrict my right to bear arms, what else will they restrict???

BTW...No gun was ever caught and arrested during any shooting, or sentenced to life in prison during the commission of a violent act despite the killing many people.  And there is 20,000 gun laws, do you really think 1 more will do any better?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• LOL@crafty!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Its my fear of if the federal govt manages to restrict my right to bear arms, what else will they restrict???

I agree ten thousand percent with the above queston.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Yea!!! The guns did it!!

Answer by louise2 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I agree with you. People fear guns when they should fear irresponsible gun owners and unstable people who don't have a good support system.
    Cars can be weapons yet we don't fear them. Knives can be weapons as well as bats. If a person is deranged enough to kill they will find a way to do it no matter what is available.
    Leave me and my guns out of it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I do think there should be more gun control laws. It should be much harder to get a gun including mental health evaluation and gun safety classes.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• OP, don't pay any attention to that kind of babble. The mentally ill tend to babble incessantly over their obsessions and phobias. It's funny though how one person in particular here on CM refuses to acknowledge the real issue behind these massacres, even when questioned over and over about addressing the true reasons these tragedies happen. Maybe it's because she's defending her own kind.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Have any of you watched the murder shows, my mom is into them. I have watched a few of them with her. Most of the time people are strangled, poisoned and stabbed on these shows. Not to be morbid but beat to death with bats or candle sticks or other various items that are not usually considered to be a typical weapon. 

Anonymous

• These killers are choosing places where they will not meet resistance - where they know people will not be carrying concealed weapons. I agree that the guns are not the problem. We have a lack of availability of mental health resources, and we have a very violent, "me"-centered society. After giving the matter much thought, I have decided that I like the idea of allowing people to carry concealed weapons, including teachers.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2012