The flu did this!!!!!!!!

Friday night my 4 yr old dd decided to take a catnap on my lap. All day long she was doing good, tormenting the cat, screeching she was doing had me wondering if it could break our windows. Anyway, dh got home from work, she woke up when he opened the front door. Well she crawled out of my lap and stumbled out of lap and fell down. Nio biggie. But as she was trying to get to her daddy, she kept stumbling like a drunk person on a bender. She would wobble around and fall down. We though her leg fell asleep or something, but she still couldn't walk after a few minutes. So we decided to take her into the ER. DH got her dressed, and while she in his lap she balls up into a fetal position and went limp for a few seconds and when I saw it, my hair went white, and while I knew the world didn't come to an end, I thought mine was. I call EMS and I would have thought it took the ambulance hours to get here!! We went to the ER and the doc did is thing and watch her try to walk and told one of the nurses she might Apraxic, which is disorder of the nervous system, characterized by an inability to perform purposeful movements. I thought he said my dd was toxic, and I about fainted. So next thing I know, my dd was going to PICU.
My poor baby had to be catheterized, she had to have a IV, and they screwed up the first one, so they had to do it all over again. She was screaming so loud, crying, I wanted to beat that nurse!!
We were there for 2 days, and found out after all that, dd had the flu. She is doing so much better! And aren't ya'll proud I didn't come here first do get advice??!! lol

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Kids' Health

• How awful. Glad she's doing better.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Scary! Glad she's okay
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• glad she is okay! Better safe then sorry though.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I'm so glad your DD is doing better, how scary?  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Aww the poor thing! And your little one too! :p I can't imagine how frightening that must've been. Glad she is on the mend. Hope she will be discharged in time to celebrate Christmas at home. Keep us posted. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I'm glad she's okay. How scary that must have been for you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2012