Company responsible for deadly meningitis outbreak is looking to file Ch. 11

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/21/16074297-pharmacy-tied-to-fungal-meningitis-outbreak-files-for-bankruptcy?lite

I can't help but wonder what some company CEO sees fit as compensation for killing 39 people! It better be a hefty fund they set up for all their victims!!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Is there not some kind of insurance that drug makers have to carry? I am not surprised. With something like that on your record I would imagine business has dried up for them. I wouldn't want to bug meds from them if I were a pharmacy either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• they kind of have too... they've been shut down for months, lost their licence to fill rx's.... and the company isn't that big... they are local to us here, it's been in the news a lot. They don't have a hefty bank roll... they are actually bankrupt. ;o(
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Well everyone had to know that this was coming. Some of the victims are getting sicker with some kind of secondary infection.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• It also protects the company from any lawsuits that were filed before they filed and after. Although the bankruptcy court sometimes will offer a forum where the dispute can be rapidly settled--thus avoiding the time and expense of taking the matter to state court.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2012