Lay away angels :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/anonymous-%E2%80%98layaway-angels%E2%80%99-return-to-pay-off-strangers%E2%80%99-balances-174649270.html

Stories like this have reached our city as well. I think it is so heartwarming & wish we had the $ to do something like this. :)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Holidays

• It's been about a month now but I had something similar. After the computer in my minivan died I had an $800 bill. We paid $200 on the spot, and arranged to make payments every week until it was paid off. We were down to about $500 owed still. I went in one day to pay, only to find out that some anonymous person had come in and paid $300 of the bill for us. I was shocked. I walked out of the office, got back to the body shop (almost next door) where they were fixing a small problem in my lift gate, and just started sobbing. I'm NOT a public crier.

The past six months or so have NOT been car friendly for me and my family.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I've always said if I had the money I'd go around doing things like that. The people that do that are indeed christmas angels.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• In our area, a woman had her entire order paid off, ($450) but she wasn't using lay away because she didn't have money, she was using it as a place to keep the toys so her kids wouldn't find them. She in turn contacted the local school district and asked for the name of a family that wouldn't have much of a Christmas and requested the teachers to shop for things they think the kids in that family would like.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2012