• In the Spotlight:

WYR #3 - I get chills thinking about it!

Would you rather take an ice cold shower and be clean or not shower at all?

I don't think I would be able to tolerate the cold shower! How about a quick clean up in the sink w/ cold water?! lol :p

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in

• I have taken the cold shower on a trip when the motel's hot water didn't work. I'd rather be uncomfortable a few minutes than smelly, but it was VERY uncomfortable.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Obviously it depends on how long til I have access to a hot shower. I'd probably grab baby wipes and clean up, wash my face with the cold water in the sink but I couldn't possibly hop into an ice shower.... no way
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I've taken cold showers before, when a hurricane went through and we had no power for a few days. Of course, it was summer so it didn't suck quite as badly as it could have. lol But I think I'd rather do the cold shower and be clean. Although, it would depend on if we're talking as a one time deal or as a permanent thing. If it's just a one time thing, I might say screw it and wait till I can take a hot shower. If it's permanent, I guess I'd adapt.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I would take the cold shower to get clean. I've done it before. Of course, it wasn't ice cold, just felt like it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I'd try to find another way!
    cold showers SUCK and it would make me break out into itchy red spots
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I've done ice cold and let's say I wasn't clean because soap was left in my hair and body. But I'll take that over not trying lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Cold shower, especially in the summer!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Same as you quick clean up at the sink
    Unless its summer, than a cold shower will work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• If it came down to it. I would take a cold shower. I am not going to do with out just because I have no hot water.

Answer by louise2 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Ugh, I am not sure. In the summer I think I could do it, but not in the winter... I might just stay a dirt ball.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2012