Okay, being completely serious here, do you believe in the zombie apocalypse?

DH was watching tv last night and left it on some channel. I can't it remember which one it was. After he fell asleep another program came on about the zombie apocalypse and there were interviews of people that were preparing for it. Like dead serious. It wasn't the doomsday prepper show.

I found the whole subject to be a bit creepy so I changed the channel, but then started wondering how many people actually believe this stuff. One was mentioning that they think that the government is experimenting with drugs and that this will be the result - the zombie apocalypse.

So, do you believe? If so, what do you think will be responsible for making it come about?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• No
    I read an article about how the zombies wouldn't be that mobile and would be affected by weather and temperature. In winter they'd freeze in place and then fall apart when the temps rose due to "freezer burn" and the fact that they are rotten meat
    In hot climates they'd mummify
    The shows have it wrong. The bodies would rot pretty quickly and wouldn't pose much of a risk beyond a week or 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I do not believe there will be a real zombie apocalypse. I do, however, believe that using the zombie gimmick to get people to start keeping first aid kits and emergency storm supplies on hand has worked where the advice without the zombie angle was previously ignored, so I'm all for encouraging ZA preparedness.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• o_O

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• No, I don't believe it at all but hey, all those crazies that didn't get to use their underground bunker still have some hope!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• This is one of my pet peeves.

Zombie are not real. They have never existed, except in someone's imagination, but we have this entire culture preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse based on 'facts' from someone's imagination.

They speak of how it is spread. They speak of how to kill them.

Really?? How do they know these things if one doesn't exist!!!

They have survival camps that make $500 a weekend per person to show people how to survive the event.

Really!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• damn layh!

Why didnt I think of that?! Think about how much bank you would be rolling.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Just remember the first rule of zombie survival-cardio!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I suppose anything is possible - there could be vampires and unicorns, too. But do I really believe there will be a zombie apocalypse? No. Even though anything is possible, I just don't think it's likely.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• My DS and my dad were watching that. Parts of it were really interesting, but overall it didn't convince me we had anything to worry about.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• No, but I've had more fun with those darn Zombies.....

(thinking kmath here)
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2012