What did you take with you to the hospital?

Billi_S

Asked by Billi_S at 4:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my bags are packed and ready to go, i have an outfit to go home in, underwear.. 4 pairs i think, slippers, sudoku to kill time, my ipod, travel size tooth paste mouth wash deoderant shamp cond soap some pads breast pads, lanolin....make up, my cameracell phone charger.....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Change of clothes for your self, a robe, slippers, important phone numbers, money
    clothes for the baby, baby book, baby blanket
    camera and or camcorder

Snacks for yourself
    Car seat in your car baby ready
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I brought a change of clothes (maternity because unless you're super woman, you won't have your figure back immediately. Don't bother bringing underwear.. the hospital will provide you disposable ones to accommodate the enormous pads they give you. The hospital will normally provide all toiletries... breast pads... nursing bra... cell phone charger, and a movie or 2... honestly you will be so busy with the baby and visitors that you won't get bored too easily. I was in the hospital for 3 days and was fine with just these things...
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• clothes for myself... pajamas, undies, socks, shirts, comfortable pants, my glasses, camera, cell phone

for our baby: onsies, diapers, clothes (for when we come home), socks, hat, shoes, first stuffed animal, first baby blanket ect. i didnt need onsies and diapers though, got it all from the hospital :)

oh and i had to have a scheduled c-section, thats why i took so much for myself
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Shampoo, conditioner, soap, face wash/lotion, razor, underwear, socks,sports bra or nursing bra, cami tank tops, sweat pants, slippers(for walking around the hospital) laptop to post pictures up and to email with, camera, deodorant, the babies outfit to bring him home, the car seat, and a baby blanket. Honestly you don't need a lot and if you have forgotten something just send your DH home to pick it up.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I brought 2 outfits for myself, ( wasn't sure how long I would have to stay), a sleeper for the baby, an outfit or 2 for the baby while in the hospital, wipes (my hospital did not provide them), the camera, underwear, makeup, toothbrush, toothpaste, nice robe for over hospital gown. (It made me feel better when we had company there.)

This time around I also plan on bringing up our laptop to get pictures posted while the baby sleeps, and maybe the baby book to fill in if I have time.
    I also brought some snacks for my husband and my son last time.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009