Advice on New Business

Hi I have started my own Personal Errand Service Business in the Miami FL. area and was wondering if anyone can tell me different ways that can help me improve my clientele or maybe even some helpful advice if you have your own business too how did you make it a success?

mizzcjlj4

Asked by mizzcjlj4 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Money & Work

• Advertising. Call the local radio station and ask them on ways to advertise your business. They may even run a feature on you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:50 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I have a friend that does this and she advertises on community websites. Sometimes large developments have their own website for their residents and they have different sections. You could investigate that and call the local developments to see if you can advertise on their site. Offer existing clients discounts for referrals, although I don't know how much that helps. How do you advertise right now?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:58 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I have been wanting to start my own errand service business in my town too. Have you considered contacting big companies? Many larger companies like to give their employees or certain customers, unique services such as errand and concierge. You could do a package deal with them. Also, contact the hotels that don't have concierge services and ask to leave your business info there. Do you have a website? You can also advertise in coupon books, flyers, mailers, etc. If your child's school or any school/organization has a silent auction, consider donating your services to them. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. If you don't already have a facebook page, consider getting one and giving away an hour or two of free errand service after 100 likes. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Flyers Everywhere! Social Media - Create a facebook page for your business!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2012