I need help!

My 3 yo i just got done giving her a bath and i noticed the top of her back was really red and a little raised and is hot to the touch. And the rest of her back looks like tiny red bumps and then on her chest and from her armpit all the way down the sides of her body more tiny red bumps. She does not have a fever or cough or anything else. What could it be? And should i take her in?

megclark22

Asked by megclark22 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Health

• Could be an allergic reaction. Did you change soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, lotion?
    Maybe call a healthcare professional.
    Perhaps put some calamine lotion (or something for rashes) on it.

Does it itch or hurt?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 2:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• i haven't changed anything and she hasn't eaten anything new either.
    megclark22

Comment by megclark22 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• was the bath too hot?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• could be anything from an allergic reaction to something in the bath, including mild soap, or laundry soap
    from her clothing, to the shampoo...
    or on set of Measles or Scarlet Fever... my dd when she was about 3-4 yrs old had this horrible rash pop
    up out of no where and I took her in and in front of me and the dr her entire body turned red and a fever
    just weird... that was 21 yrs ago...

to be on the safe side, if the rash does not do away in a few hrs take her in to the ER (your family dr most likely closed)
    and have her checked out....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Try Cortosone cream or calamine lotion if the rash bothers your kiddo. My daughter gets a similar rash now and then, and my pediatrician says she hinks it's the dry air. Maybe take her in after Christmas.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• No one thought chicken pocks?

Answer by louise2 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• ^^Only if they blister- and that would suck getting those for Christmas. My boys got them 1 year for Easter. The Easter Bunny had quite a sense of humor that year! :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2012