Blood Pressure?

I've never had BP issues so I am not sure how this stuff works. If your BP is high and you take a pill, how soon does it start to lower and how low does it usually go? Can you give me an example as well?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Health

• I just developed HBP. I avoided the medication for a month or so but am now on lisinopril. My bp before was 140/100, after about 1.5 weeks it was down to 120/80. We're going to try and wean me off of it in a month to see if it stays down on it's own.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I have had HBP for years now but I am one of those people who never checks my BP at home but when I get my BP taken at the DR's office it is normally 120/80 or lower.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• It starts to lower your BP in about an hour after you take it, how low it will go depends on the strength and type of medication you are taking as well as how high your BP was.. Some take it twice a day while others only need once a day. Some need more than one medication to lower their BP.. The variations can be many.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• I was diognosed with HBP at 50, take it every morning when I get up. The Dr. told me that true results would start to be seen after a month. I am on one that lowers and also keeps the water retention down and I LOVE IT!! Have been on it a year and it truly lowered it from 156 to 118!
    I say it was teens giving me stress and HPB, the Dr. said good idea then to be on it :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 6:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2012