What does it mean when my baby has a light pink rash on face only his cheeks?

hes two months it just recently appeared today its not red its a light pink could he be alergic to laundry detergent or dry skin or do to weather not sure but im very concerned

navywife234

Asked by navywife234 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could just be chapped.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Sounds chapped to me. Has he been chewing on his fists? If so, rubbing them on his face could cause that. I hope that's all it is, just wet his cheeks & lotion him up! Hugs!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2012

• This souns like chapped cheeks. Do you put a blanket over the carrier hen you go out and leave it there until the cars is warmed? Or if you go out walking. The air indoors during the colder months is also druer. You might put a humidifier on or boil some water to increase humidity. If he is drooling and rubbing his face with his hands it may also cause chapping. Just try to wash and moisturize his skin reasonaly often, about as often as you change his diaper for now.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• thank you guys i put some vasiline on his cheaks last night and now in the morning its gone you ladies were right thank you so much for the advise very greatful mother here have very mery christmas
    navywife234

Comment by navywife234 (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• You should try Mustela Bebe Hydra-Stick, For Lips and Cheeks. You can buy it at BabiesRUs or Drugstore.com. It's a small rub on stick but works like a miracle & lasts long/. I used it for both my babies in the winter. Sometimes babies can get pimples/rash from vaseline.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• oh i did say vasiline its actually pure petroleumjelly i will definatly look for that hydra stick thanks
    navywife234

Comment by navywife234 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Probably just from drool. Vaseline is what I would have done too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2012