We were invited to a christmas dinner this afternoon... warning: christian testimony adult content

Anti-christianity spouting not necessary here, thank you.

So, we were invited to a christmas dinner this afternoon. This is a big deal because we were going to spend christmas by ourselves. My family (except for my mom) is anti-christian. We believe in Jesus. They go out of their way to demean us every chance they get. We are not the type of people who shove religion down throats. We simply invited all friends & family to my husband & our two children's baptisms a year and a half ago. Well it has been a hard journey ever since. We are often left out of family events, birthdays, celebrations, and including christmas. We know the battle is not with us, but it has been painful in the heart strings. We didn't tell anyone at church about this. We just prayed for our family. Today around noon, a friend of ours from church called to say they would love us to spend christmas with them. She said she doesn't have any family nearby and no one can make the trip financially. The Lord blessed us as well as her with caring friends. I just wanted to share God does answer prayer. And I am going to post this as anon because I don't want to spend time clearing out my inbox of hate mail. God bless you all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2012 in Holidays

• He has provided for us time and time again, hun. I am truly humbled by his gifts and provisions. I'm so glad he has answered to your need and someone else's at the same time. God bless you, and have an amazing, God-filled Christmas how you wish to celebrate it. Thank you for sharing!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• "My family celebrates by getting falling down drunk while cussing and trying to fight somebody's else. We are easy targets because we don't drink."

This isn't a Christian vs. non-Christian issue so much as an issue of alcoholism.

Remember, just because you're BORN into a group of people doesn't make them family. It merely gives you the same genes as they have. Big deal.

I'd skip gatherings with these people in your gene pool. Your true family is the one that invited you to Christmas dinner. Therse people you share genes with ARE NOT your family. Family doesn't behave the way you describe.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• God truly does provide. I'm happy for you. May you have a blessed time with your friends.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• What's wrong with simply having a nice family get together without involving religion or non religion. Make it a time to spend family. They are you family no matter what they do or do not believe in.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Oh. And to justify the TMI tag.... Life is like a boner- just enjoy the ride.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I'm glad you and your friends have each other. 

Merry Christmas

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Well, truly if your family celebrates by sitting around drinking and arguing, I really have to wonder why you put yourself through that? Contrary to what I said above, you don't need to be around an unhealthy environment.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:46 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Family isn't always blood related...
    There always comes a point in one's life that choices must be made wither easy or hard
    to assure what is good/right for YOU and YOUR family...if this means keeping a distance from
    your blood relations, then do it... stop all contact, make your own traditions, focus on your little family
    and friends that you know will be there...

Enjoy your Holiday Season as YOU see fit to religiously or not..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I can see how blessed you feel to have this other family to share you joy with.
    Peace and joy to you on the Christmas day.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Also, I see where m-avi is coming from. They are your family no matter what. You need to celebrate your own way, but also don't forget to set aside time for your family. <3
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:34 AM on Dec. 25, 2012