Merry Christmas! the kids begged me to open presents

I'm a sucker!! I let my kids open some of their presents. They're older now and have very convincing arguments. My teenagers said they will be staying up all night anyways and we will have to wait for them to wake up and come to the tree. My kids are good kids. They get straight A's, are very involved in school activities, and always respect the house rules. SEE? They got me! So they opened most of them. I had to reign them back in.

I can't be the only one right? Who else got suckered? LOL

skitNbearsmom

Asked by skitNbearsmom at 1:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2012 in Holidays

• We usually let them have one on Christmas Eve- but last night, my teens made kind of the same argument- my son is sick with a cold, and hubby works nights and sleeps odd hours on his days off- *and* we have company in town and they said if we did it last night -we could clean up all the mess before they came back over without a probelem ; )
    ... and I caved.

today- they can have the stockings and Santa gifts
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:18 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I always let dd open 2 presents on Christmas Eve, but it's always her Christmas jammies and a Christmas movie and/or a Christmas book lol. She's 4 so I don't have to worry about convincing arguments yet lol. Merry Christmas! :)

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 2:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I let my four-year-old open one present today, and that seemed to satisfy her. You've got good kids, so what the heck? I'ts about making happy memories, not about obsessing over what happens when. Have a Christmas full of love and laughter!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• LOL, at least it might have gained you a little extra sleep this morning! Ugh, I don't like getting up so early to go see what Santa brought.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I always let my son open one gift on Christmas eve. The important part is just enjoying the moment. Merry Christmas
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:07 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Not this yr, only bc one gift would have spoiled all others...lol..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2012