I gotta admit,I'm jealous of all of you that have friends and family to spend time with you today

my family doesn't give a shit about anyone else
We're stuck at home because my son has the flu. My mom was suppose to come over today,but can't now.
So what does she keep insisting upon? That we bring her over some of our food. In a tone like we orchestrated this plan to screw her over to a meal today.
She's asked about the food like 5 times in the past 2 days,no fooling.
It's like yeah yeah,your kid is sick. Where's my stuff?
She didn't buy us gifts...not even a christmas card,but hey,bring on the stuff for ME
The inlaws are the type to show up empty handed,eat our food,take their gifts,and leave a half hour later
I guess you can say I'm quite jaded

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2012 in Holidays

• I wish I was closer, you would be more then welcome to spend Christmas with us. <3
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:37 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• She won't come over for fear of catching the flu

But she wants food prepared in the flu house?
    That's classic cray cray right there.
    Sorry hun. It'll just be me, SO and Baby today so I'll see you around.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:37 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Awww... ((((HUGS)))) so sorry....

My doors are open...sick baby and all are invited...lol... I would simply enjoy your little family
    like it is right now, right here.... just let your mother know she is being selfish ... or simply
    turn off your phone...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Naw.. I moved from all that insanity. It's just me and my immediate family, hubby, daughters and granddaughters. We are pretty happy about missing all that....

You have a Merry Christmas and don't worry about them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Come to BAMA, we escaped the family so that we can share it with just US at home today -
    Hope that you still had a Merry Christmas
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 1:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• It's about focusing on what you have. It hurts me that I won't see my parents or siblings, and a lot of the rest in the family because my brother and sister are hosting the Christmas events. But I'm trying hard to focus on what I do have--a little girl who has been excited about her new toys all day, a boyfriend who loves me and made me breakfast.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Aw, I'm sorry : /

hope your son feels better soon.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• You could tell your mother that you are not cooking in light of your dd being sick...
    the smell of food making her feel sicker...lol... sorry ... bad holiday humor... but I too
    have family like that and you know what, I blow them off... I have been called many of
    pretty names for my straightforwardness and I don't mind...lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2012

• So sorry you are dealing w/a sick child at Christmas & then selfishness from others to boot. Tell her the germs are all over the food & aren't fit for consumption! Or that the only thing you are making today is Chicken Noodle soup! If it's any consolation to you, my husb has to work today & my dau is feeling tortured by staring at all the gifts under the tree & not being able to open any of them b/c we have to wait for daddy! And we can't get her new Kindle that she got at Gma's to connect to Wifi- so she's not a happy camper right now. :/ Oh tis the season! ;p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Well my DD lives in the same town I do and does not want to even tell me where she lives so I could be secret santa and leave presents on the door step for the kids. (I would knock  and leave so they would get the present). 

I hope you are not bringing her any food. Tell her to come over and get it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 25, 2012