Is hurting yourself sin?

If life and your body is a gift from God, do you think hurting yourself (= disrespecting the gift) is sinful? I can't help to think so. At the same time I seem to be unable to stop it. Is my faith not strong enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2012 in Religious Debate

• In my religion it is a sin, but being aware that a behavior is wrong isn't the only thing needed to stop it. It has nothing to do with how strong your faith is, but sometimes the pull is too strong and you need to seek help.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• http://www.cafemom.com/about/resources.php#mental

I don't believe in God so I don't believe in "sin" in the same manner as say a Christian. However I find hurting oneself an incredibly stupid thing to do. However I also understand that it can be a sign of deeper emotional or mental health problems. You need to seek professional help. Especially if you claim you can't seem to stop it.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2012