Quick before my power goes out again.... Help!!! ** Right Category?? It's about a stove**

I've been having rolling blackouts since 10 this morning. Sometimes it's out for an hour sometimes the lights just flicker, sometimes it's a quick on and off. Either way it's becoming a pain in my _ _ _.

I have a gas stove with an electrical ignitor. <~~~~ I spelled that wrong lol

My question is to you ladies... Can I still light it without the ignitor? <~~~~ again

On my stove I I have to push in, then click click click and whooooosh! Fire.

When the power goes out I now that I can still turn the nob and gas will come out. Can I just stick a match in there?

I'm dead broke and just about every place around me is closed for Christmas so I HAVE to cook!!

MUST FEED BABIES!! LoL

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 9:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2012 in Technology

• If you have a match light it and then press the button and light it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Yes, you can light it manually with a match or lighter. Aim & flame is best. Do not leave the gas running long if it will not light.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Good luck!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I know I can't do my oven...it does cycle. Thank you ladies. Like i said... I'm running around doing the most right now.

If I'm super lucky the power won't go out again...it's i'm just lucky, the power will go out after i'm done cooking.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• The stove top should stay on if it's already lit, because the oven cycles off and on to keep an even temperature, I'm not so sure about it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• i was thinking using it real quick while she has power.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Kay, she's talking about using her gas stove if the power goes out. Microwave won't work in a power outages.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• I just googled this and according to what I read the answer to both of your questions is yes.
    Just remember to turn the knob off when you're not using it.
    Stay safe!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• oh wow. hope everything works out. if you have canned foods, just use the microwave.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2012

• Closest family is over an hour away because they left for the holidays. Canned goods, yes. I'm trying not to go anywhere. Our van is more likely to tip with me driving... not used to it. The winds are 40-45 mph.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Dec. 25, 2012