Am I understanding this right?

Okay so we all know (even if you dont live in Ca) that this state is broke and way too far in debt, but now they are going to raise the taxes on everything?!? From what I heard they are going to raise gas tax another 12 cents and double car registration, among other things, how can they do that when just about no one here can afford to pay for things to begin with?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Liberal and Entitled California is going to fall even harder very soon unfortunately. Everything is expensive here already. We are taxed on everything as it is. I am not sure how the low income will afford to stay here longer. We make 100k a year and cannot afford it. We could not buy a decent sized home and our rent is very high. We leave in a month and are moving to a city with 4 percent unemployment and full of hardworking people. They don't have work they create it here. I am glad we will be gone with the state implodes more than it has. Yeah to the illegals that cost Los Angeles 450 million in welfare benefits and have shut down many hospitals due to non payment. Yeah to a state that makes its citizens dependent on the state. California is where our whole country will be in a few years if we do not go back to what our Founding Fathers wanted for us.

Anonymous

• It's the Liberal Democratic way hon. sorry to be the bad news bear.
    Anonymous

• because it's california - the land of fruit and nuts
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• They can do it because they are authorized to do it and it's going to take a revolution to change things. The question really is WHY do they do it? It's because they don't give a rat's tail about you and me and our kids. It's about staying in their powerful jobs where they get whatever they want. They live in a different world. Do you even think they know what the price of gas is? Some of them probably don't even get their own tanks filled. Believe me, they spend their days thinking of ways to grease the palms of their friends and those who can help them get something. They go home to their mansions and eat and drink the best of everything. It's nauseating, isn't it?
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Who knows, I'd move to the southeast! LOL
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would love to move but the job my SO has right now is a good one, (he is a repo man) and he doesn't want to leave his job even though things suck here, I swear this has got to be the most expensive state to live in

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I didn't know a tax increase influenced car registration that much...but it makes sense now. I live in AZ, and my friend just paid over $400 to register her Explorer for two years!!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i suppose if they were smarter they would move. the taxes and the money to live in cali has always been high and it will just get higher but i suppose that will start happening in every state. you know there is always mexico.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• That is why we moved out. It is a Liberal state. Thanks Libs you are Fu--ing up the U.S California now, your state next??
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You can thank the original Liberal state for your ills and Pelosi to start. Go hug and tree and use one square of toilet paper. Gotta save the environment at all costs! It's your state, should've been watching those liberals all along. Boil a frog lately?
    That's what happens when people lay around mindlessly and say "it'll never happen to me".
    Anonymous