What would you get for a 10 almost 11 year old?

My son's birthday is January 7th he will be turning 11 this year; I need some ideas as to what can get him that won't break the bank(especially with Christmas just passing). He already has tons of legos and board games; 3 basketballs, 2 footballs, 2 soccer balls and he really isn't into any other sports.  He has told  me that he doesn't want anything but a cake but I would like to get him something. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• Lego kits? Microscope? Board games - my 12 yo loves stratego, battleship, risk and rummikub plus they give us something to play together (stratego is my favorite!). Nerf guns are a lot of fun if he has someone to play with - maybe get him a set of 2 so he can play with friends?

Answer by missanc at 4:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Give him some cash so that he can pick something out for himself or to spend frivolously. Kids that age love having their own money to spend.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I know my ten year old is really into science, so for Christmas we got him a Smithsonian kit from Walmart that he can dig his own gemstones and jewels out of. I generally try to get my kids at least one present that is fun and one present that is more "educational."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2012