Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How do you tell your DH/SO? adult content

that you aren't interested in having intercourse because it hurts too bad and it isn't pleasurable to you?

I have endometriosis and that makes it worse. 


Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Health

Level 47 (254,089 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I'd first go get checked out by a Dr. to rule out any causes for that pain. There could be any number of reasons & you owe it to yourself, your husb. & your marriage to try to find a solution to the problem. GL to you

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:47 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • Exactly like you said it to us. Emphasize the "it hurts" part.  It hurt so it is not pleasurable.

    Have you went to a doctor to see why it hurts?


    Answer by louise2 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • You have to just tell him. Or possibly have him attend your next gynecologist appointment with you.
    There are other ways to be intimate without penetration.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • I had what you had in my 20's. I had a couple of surgeries for it, which seemed to correct it. Of course, getting pregnant w/ my 1st son completely cured me, but don't know if that is an option for you! :p

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • Be open and honest.

    Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • tell him that it hurts and you need to go to the doctor. he's your dh right? he should be very understanding and not a douche about it

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • If he is your husband, he should know and understand your pain. I am sure if you explain it to him in great length, he will probably steer clear of that area until you are better ...Then tell him that there are other ways you can pleasure each other and I am sure he will be ALL OVER THAT!

    Answer by madmueller at 10:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • Thought you had fibromyalgia?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • If he's your dh then he will understand the "IT HURTS" and not press the issue. You can go to the Dr's and they can help. With mine they ended up doing a complete hystorectomy and after time it lead to even more pain with nothing the Dr could do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

  • I've been on a long road of treatment; there are options. Start by going to The program of dilation and relaxation helped me a lot. There are other choices, including local anesthetic injections in the vagina, valium suppositories, stretching and physical therapy, etc. Some women have good luck with daily medications such as amytriptolene. Don't give up on intercourse altogether. In the meantime, there are plenty of nonpenetrative ways to be intimate with your husband. If you suggest other things you can do, and look for treatments to decrease your pain and increase your pleasure with intercourse, your husband will take it better than if you simply close the well for good. That might not go over too smoothly.

    Answer by Ballad at 3:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2012