• In the Spotlight:

Can any of you ladies make me feel better?

I just found out I'm pregnant. I mean, I JUST found out. I went to a Dr. for some antibiotics for a UTI, and they decided to run a test just to make sure they didn't give me the wrong medication, and it was positive. I'm pretty sure I'm happy, but I'm just in shock I can't tell. I'm married, and we just had a baby in Nov. 2007. He's happy, and we agree that God's just decided to bless us with another child. I just feel so freaked out. I can't think straight. Can any of you ladies give me some advice on how to calm the heck down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Awww :) Are you scare about them being so close in age? PM me ANYTIME. I have two that are 16 months apart: boys. LOVE IT. Seriously there are crazy times... but they are so good together. My best advice is not to harp on the oldest about "being careful" and to make everything a "family bonding" over you and the baby bonding. I never told my son not to touch his lil brother and I think that helped ward off any resentment. They do so good now. The oldest even says "Please" before taking toy from the youngest (we are still learning about sharing lol) AND- I have another on the way due in July. 3 in 31 months. Am I sacred? Heck yeaH! lol But I am thrilled too. Oooh and get a moby wrap so you can wear the second one... it's great to cuddle and still have hands free for the oldest. Also check out the closely spaced siblings group- good advice there! Good Luck and Congrats!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• try thinking of all the excitment that comes with being pregnate and having a baby. congrats
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Congrats! It will sink in soon enough, and you'll get that glorious pregnancy glow - I'm jealous! ;)

Are you going to tell your husband today? Or wait for Valentine's? What a great gift THAT would be!
    Anonymous

• storkI can't cause I am excited for you! You just gave me a warm fuzzy reason to smile!

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Congrats I'm sooooooooo happy for you. Start picking out names for a boy or a girl.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Hubby and I just had a baby in Nov 2007 as well and are expecting again; I'm due in July with a boy this time. When I first found out I was feeling the same way you are right now. It took like..a month for me to feel better, but I'm so excited now ^-^ I can't wait to have another little baby. Hubby is excited too. I think you will feel better once it sinks in more =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think more moms in recent years and actually for ever have babies close together like yours will be than father apart like mine (there's 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 years between my three kids)!! Keep your eyes out this summer at yard sales - maybe someone will be selling a jogging stroller or double stroller at less cost! When my youngest was conceived my oldest was 7 1/2 years old and my middle one was just 4 yo and I was totally freaked with that age span because I was done with diapers I reÃ¥lly thought - NOT!!! You'll be ok. They'll be a bit like twins and look at how many moms have multiples!! Congratulations!
    Anonymous

• Take a nice hot bath and just think about all the fun things you get to experience with the new baby. And think about the Shopping!!! Just give it some more time and you'll feel better. GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I've already told him. He's happy. There's no way I could hold onto this for that long!!! We were just joking about it THIS MORNING. I was like, where the heck is my period, and he said "it'll show up" then he amended that to "whatever happens, happens" When I told him this afternoon, I asked him if he was mad. (we didn't plan on having any more kids) he was like "you act like I don't know how babies are made" and laughed.
    Anonymous

• Hugs and congratulations. Soon you'll be floating around with happiness. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009