How anyone else had an issue with the Paragard IUD? adult content

I just want to know if anyone else has had or know someone that has had something similar happen to them.

I had the Paragard IUD placed in September then went to have the placement checked in the beginning of October like your suppose to which they told me was right, the whole time I've had it I've had a cramping feeling especially when I'm on my period (which was worse), I had really bad lower back pains and it was painful to have sex. about a month i a half after I had the IUD put in I started feeling a slight pressure as if someone was sitting on me or I had to pee really bad I called and was told it was normal. about a week ago when I was checking it the string felt a little longer I called and was told that your cervix contracts around the time of your period and the string may feel a little longer not to worry so I brushed it off then on the Christmas Eve something didn't feel right and I felt like I was sick so I got into a warm bath to relax after a few minutes my husband came in because our 10 month old was screaming, as I stood up and stepped forward to grab her something made a little splash my husband asked what it was and I turned around to look, there was my IUD sitting on the bottom of the bath, it just fell out, I didn't even feel it or anything

PLEASE NO RUDE COMMENTS!

Jasmommie

Asked by Jasmommie at 8:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Health

• OMG. I've had the Paragard for almost 3 years and have never had any issues like that. It makes me wonder if yours was inserted incorrectly?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• IDK but I had it put in at the health department and they checked it then it was checked again at an ER & my Doctors (ER was because of the cramping & my doctor was a follow up) and they sad it was but for it to fall out I feel it had to be in wrong. I googled it and theres alot of people that it falls out of :/
    Jasmommie

Comment by Jasmommie (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Some women's bodies reject it and you should have been warned of that when getting it inserted. If it is going to be expelled it is most likely going to happen within the first 3-4 months was what I was told. Falling out does not mean it was inserted wrong. It means your body rejected it for whatever reason. I have had mine for 5 years now and love it, but my doctor gave me the paperwork on it and it says right in there that some women may reject it and their bodies may expel it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• IUD's are not great in my opinion. There are just too many things that can go wrong, and when they DO go wrong they happen in a big way.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• i had the IUD for a little over 2 yrs and then i started having really bad problems with it.. i was cramping to the point i couldnt move..so when i went to my doctor it had moved so much they had to take it out
    Proudmama_92

Answer by Proudmama_92 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2012