French toast....share your recipe. I've never made it before

I've never had it either. Dd asked for it. It sounds really gross. Dip bread into milky egg and deep fry it in oil. Wth?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Food & Drink

• 6 eggs, 1 /2 cup milk, 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Whip up and put large bread, like texas toast dip on each side, I use butter flavored Pam, and cook on each side, you don't have to deep fry it. My family begs me for french toast, serve with powdered sugar, syrup, or jam.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Any bread will work, a few days old is best. I just beat a few eggs in a bowl, add a little milk and cinnamon as jerseydiva said, dip the bread, and I'm bad, I fry in butter...but I don't deep fry it, just coat the pan with butter and add more as needed. I beat more eggs and milk as needed until I've made enough french toast.

I found a great oven baked french toast recipe online, but I can't find it right now. My family loved it!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• i whip together eggs and a little milk, dip the bread in it and cook it inbutter, put butter flavored syrup on it when it's done :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Ever had bread pudding? It's the same basic idea.
    Stale bread works best, I usually use my leftover challah from Shabbath to make French toast during the week. Mix eggs and milk and add the favoring of your choice. I love it with a bit if ground cardamom and vanilla, but you can use cinnamon. Soak the bread in the mixture, letting it soak in it for a few minutes, so the bread absorbs the mixture. Melt some butter in a pan (I use butter flavored Pam) and fry it on both sides until browned. Serve it with maple syrup and dusted with confectioner's sugar. You can also serve it with fruit or ham.
    You can also make it stuffed. Mix cream cheese (room temperature) with a bit of sugar and vanilla and put a dollop in one slice of bread, cover it with another and then soak it in the mixture. It's yummi
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I mix an egg with a little milk. Dip the bread slices in the mixture and brown on both sides in melted butter in a skillet. I then sprinkle it with cinnamon and confectioner's sugar and pour maple syrup over it. You can also serve it with fruit rather than syrup, if you prefer.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I mix egg, milk, and cinnamon, dip the bread and fry it in a hot pan. Difference is, I use bacon grease instead of butter.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I mix 1 or 2 eggs with 1 cup of milk and sugar to taste. Then dip the bread and fry it on both sides.

kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 10:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• We don't deep fry ours. I use thick Texas-style bread, dip it in egg wash, spinkle with sugar and cinnamon, and pan toast it in a little butter or spray Pam.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• It is good. Beat an egg add milk and cinnamon and vanilla. Dip any bread in it and put it in a pan.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Scramble eggs, add milk, a few sprinkles of cinnamon and a 1/2 tbsp. sugar. Dunk your bread so both sides are coated.
    No oil needed, just spray pan with Pam.
    Serve with butter and syrup.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2012